Green Meadows Petting Farm Birthday Parties
Looking for a place to have your farm party?
Look no further because you have found it! Green Meadows Petting Farm is the place.
Now offering birthday parties all year long, the possibilities for parties are endless!
We are excited about your interest in having a farm birthday party at Green Meadows Farm in southern Frederick County. We have close to 250 animals (seasonally) on 123 acres of beautiful, rolling farmland in Urbana, Maryland, a wonderful, friendly staff and (this is for you Mom) new flushing toilets!
ALL birthday parties at Green Meadows Farm include a three-hour time slot for an up-close, hands-on experience with lots and lots of farm animals. Everyone gets free feed for the goats, sheep, cows, llamas and alpacas! Birthday parties, during our open season, will also include a hay ride, cow milking and a pig race. Plus, with a whole heap of party upgrades, it allows you to create the perfect party for your party animals!
Booking your birthday party is easy. A reservation and a deposit to hold your party’s date and time is our only requirement. The hard part is deciding which up-grades to use! No worries though because together, we will create that extra special day for your birthday child(ren).
Before we get to the pricing, we want to give you some basic facts about our party facility options.
Party Tents – April through November, can accommodate up to 100 guests (weather permitting in November)
Stables – December through March, can accommodate up to 200 guests.
If this seems like way more space than you need, we offer “Shared Space.” This means just what it says – you are willing to share the party space with other parties to save a few bucks. Some people prefer to have more privacy and space. If this is you, book the full Space – then the entire Tent or Stables is yours!
Please read our FAQ’s below as many more party planning details are listed.
- 10am to 1pm
- 2pm to 5pm
- Night time slots also available, call for pricing
- Shared Party Space – $325.00
Select this option for parties of up to 30 guests as long as you don’t mind sharing the space with another family to save a few bucks! 10 goody bags are included with this option. If you believe your estimated attendance will be more than 30, the full party space should be selected. Please note that, in respect and consideration for other families that have selected to share their party space with you, we ask that you keep your guest list to 30. Please see our FAQ’s for details.
- Full Party Space (Private) – $475.00
This option is for parties that like more privacy and are not interested in sharing their party space. 15 goody bags are included. This price and option is also for parties of 31 to 45 (or more). Additional wristbands or admission stickers above 45 may be purchased for $8.00 each.
- $100.00 deposit is required to hold your date and time.
- If you find that after making your reservation you will have more guests than anticipated, please call our office to discuss options.
- For parties of less than 20, please call for options and discounts.
- Upon arrival for your party, you will be issued the appropriate number of wrist bands or stickers based on your selection. Every guest ages 2 and up at your party must wear a wrist band/sticker.
Winter Parties – December through March
- Winter birthday parties are held in the Stables, our beautiful, heated wedding barn with restrooms.
- Your visit to the Animal Barn will feature up to 10 different types of animals totaling 50 or so of our favorite farm friends for feeding and petting.
- The Animal Barn (with free feed provided) are the only portion of the farm that will be open and available for your party to visit as this will be during our winter season.
- Your visit to the Animal Barn will last about 1 hour. Advise your guests that late arrivals may miss the visit to the Animal Barn because guests may only visit the Animal Barn during your scheduled time.
- We ask that you keep your party together and not allow guests to wander around. Remember this is a winter party and the farm is not staffed for a full farm tour. Please advise all partygoers of these limitations.
• Pony Rides – $75.00 (up to 25 children)
• Photography (1 hour) – $200.00
• Farmer Straw Hats – $5.00 each
• Face Painting (1 hour) – $125.00
• Additional Goody Bags – $5.00 each
• Custom Goody Bags –based on selection, call for pricing
• Tableware/Place Settings Upgrade (We provide but you do set up):
– For parties up to 30 (5 tablecloths, plates, forks & napkins) – $70.00
– For parties up to 45 (8 tablecloths, plates, forks & napkins) – $105.00
– For larger parties, call for discount
Q. Can we bring our own food, drinks, decorations, etc.?
A. Absolutely! We love to see all the creativity that goes into these parties!
Q. Do my guests that are under 2 need a wrist band or admission sticker?
A. Children 23 months and younger do not need a wrist band or admission sticker so are not part of your attendance total.
Q. What is in a goody bag?
A. The goody bags are red cellophane and contain a souvenir cup, cow pencil, wooly plastic farm animal, sunglasses and a whistle or kazoo. (Items are subject to change based on availability.)
Q. Can we arrive early to set-up and decorate?
A. Yes! We allot 45 minutes prior to your time slot for that purpose. We also allow 15 minutes after your party to get everything cleaned up and removed from your area.
Q. What pizza places deliver to the farm?
A. Vocelli Pizza at 301-631-9001. FYI they make deals so negotiate your price! They know where the farm is located! LOL
Q. Can we bring a piñata to our party?
A. Of course – sounds like fun! Just let us know you have one when you arrive and we will help you set it up.
Q. What happens if there is inclement weather on the day of our party?
A. The farm is usually open rain or shine. However, you are welcome to reschedule or cancel. Trust me, we have never forced anyone to come and we don’t plan to start! We will be in communication with you on the day of your party to see what you prefer to do. And don’t worry, if you cannot reschedule, we will gladly refund your deposit. Our main goal is for everyone (including the party planner) to have a memorable experience at our farm! Perk of having a winter party in the Stables, the weather is always good!
Q. Is my deposit refundable?
A. Your deposit is refundable if you cancel no later than 72 hours before your date or if there is inclement weather (referenced above).
Q. What happens if we book the Shared space for up to 30 people but on the day of our party, we have a few additional guests show up that we had not planned?
A. We know that unexpected guests do happen. Additional guests (anyone 2 years of age and older) may be added at a cost of $20.00 each. However, we ask that you be considerate of other parties sharing space with you and not exceed the Shared space guest limit.
Green Meadows Farm is conveniently located near Frederick, Mount Airy, Damascus, Clarksburg, Germantown, Gaithersburg, Hagerstown, Rockville and Columbia!